Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals Course Outline
Learn more about the business value and product features of the Power Platform. Build simple Power Apps, connect data with Dataverse, create a Power BI dashboard, automate processes with Power Automate, and create a chatbot with Power Virtual Agents.
Important note: This course is usually a 2-day course but for this package offer we have reduced it to 1-day due to the support content provided to prepare for the international exam.
- Describe the Power Platform components
- Describe Microsoft Dataverse, Connectors, and AI Builder
- Explain cross-cloud scenarios for M365, Dynamics 365, Microsoft Azure and third-party services
- Identify the benefits and capabilities of the Power Platform
- Identify the basic functionality and business value of the Power Platform components
- Implement simple solutions with Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI and Power Virtual Agents
If you’re a student, business user, or beginning technical professional, this course and certification can accelerate your progress and give your career a boost, as you use your Microsoft Power Platform skills to improve your team’s productivity. No experience is necessary to train for it—just basic familiarity with computer technology, data analytics, cloud computing, and the internet. Think of a fundamentals certification as the first step in growing your skillset and advancing to other certifications, such as Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant.
No prerequisites for this course
Module 1: Introduction to the performance platform
Learn about the components of the Power Platform, ways to connect data, and how companies can use this technology to create business solutions.
- Overview of the performance platform
- Module summary
Module 2: Introduction to Microsoft Dataverse
With Dataverse, you can immerse yourself in powerful, scalable data solutions in the cloud. Learn how Dataverse works and how it works with the Power Platform to create unique and efficient business solutions.
- Microsoft Dataverse overview
- Module overview
Lab: data modeling
- Create a solution
- Create new tables and add existing ones
- Create relationships
- Import data
Module 3: Getting started with Power Apps
Learn more about the value and possibilities of Power Apps and learn how other organizations are using this technology to develop simple applications for their business.
- Introduction to Power Apps
- How to create a canvas application
- How to create a model-driven application
- Introduction to Power Apps portals
Lab: How to Create a Canvas Application, Part 1
- Create a personal canvas application
- Complete the app
Lab: How to Create a Canvas Application, Part 2
- Create a security canvas app
Lab: How to create a model-driven app
- Customizing views and forms
- Create a model-driven app
Lab: How to build a Power Apps portal
- Provision of a Power Apps portal
- Creating a portal website
- Change the portal theme
Module 4: Getting started with Power Automate
Learn how users can use Power Automate to improve business efficiency and productivity.
- Power Automate overview
- How to create an automated solution
Lab: Power Automate
- Create a visit notification flow
- Create a safety sweep flow
Module 5: Getting started with Power BI
Learn how Power BI makes it easy for businesses to cleanse, view, and understand data to make better-informed decisions.
- Power BI overview
- How to build a simple dashboard
Lab: How to Build a Simple Dashboard
- Create a Power BI report
- Create a Power BI dashboard
Module 6: Introduction to Power Virtual Agents
Learn about the value and capabilities of Power Virtual Agents and how companies can leverage this technology to develop chatbot solutions for their business.
- Virtual power agent overview
- How to program a chatbot
Lab: How to program a simple chatbot
- Sign up for PVA and create a new bot
- Create topics
- Test topics
- Change the greeting
- Publish the bot